[NCUC-EC] Intersessional travel support applicants

Anna Loup aloup at usc.edu
Sat Dec 10 18:47:31 CET 2016

Hello all,

First, I wanted to say that I am glad we are working hard to make , what I
know will be, a great choice for the extra spot at the intersessional. As a
summit between the leadership of the NCUC and NCSG, the Intersessional is a
critical time when we can meet outside of the hectic ICANN meetings. For a
young EC, this is especially important because the EC has a big year coming
up and this will be a great time for us to learn how to best work with each
other and find common ground.

It will also provide us time to create rules for joint sessions (important
for the NCPH board seat). Finally, this will be a critical time for the EC
to meet with staff. As someone who got my start through the initial
iterations of the ICANN student-internship program, I saw the power of the
intersessional meetings first -hand in giving EC members time to meet with
staff outside of ICANN meetings. They are a critical part of our work and
as a young EC it will be a great time for us to build relationships.

Finally, I too think this is a good list of people and am glad we included
everyone. I want to put my support behind Matt because of his extensive
role as NCSG PC, his work on CCWG-accountability, and his work in
Hyderabad (which he didn't mention in his SOI). His work at Hyderabad will
be very helpful to this new EC as he already is up to date on council
conversations. This will certainly help the new EC transition smoothly.

Best,
Anna

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 12:36 PM, Tatiana Tropina <tatiana.tropina at gmail.com

--