[NCUC-EC] Bylaws with Track changes

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Fri Aug 26 16:52:28 CEST 2016

From: farzaneh badii [mailto:farzaneh.badii at gmail.com]

The [PC] chair (if I have gotten it right) is elected by the appointees to the PC at NCSG.

I think that’s not a good idea. The NCUC PC chair should shepherd public comments and PDPs and should either be elected by members or appointed by EC. I would go with EC appointment. Will try to add language to that effect.

I think it's good to have public comment and PDP person at NCUC and EC should be able to appoint them.

4.       Who is the “Executive Coordinator” reference on page 9?
Sorry I am not sure I can find what you are referring to. can you hilight it on the doc.

MM: Done.

5.       Suggested adding something about ballot review. An earlier part of the EC description says the EC reviews the ballot, but later on under part VI Voting it sounds like the chair does it all unilaterally
ok, somehow I cant  find your comment in the doc  but I agree.

MM: It’s on page 17

6.       It isn’t clear from the charter who or what process actually sets the dues. It says “On an annual basis, the Chair will consult with the Executive Committee regarding the appropriate level for dues.” Does that mean the chair can set them unilaterally after consulting with EC? Maybe EC should approve.
I agree. EC should approve and we should clarfiy the text accordingly.

MM: OK I added some text to that effect. Called for a 2/3 vote of EC.

Best

Farzaneh