[NCUC-EC] update about the letter

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 05:44:50 CEST 2016

Dear EC members,

As you know last week the chair and two other EC members responded to
concerns about possible conflicts of interest in Peter Green. One person to
raise these concerns was former NCUC Chair William Drake, who said that he
had privately warned Peter about this some time ago. EC members
investigated his eligibility for NCUC membership and his activity on behalf
of CONAC, a TLD registry associated with the government of China. We
concluded that Peter was not eligible for NCUC membership (bylaws III.3)
because of his membership and activity within the Registry Stakeholder
Group. Doubts could also be raised about his eligibility for membership
within NCSG, but we set that issue aside for the NCSG EC.

Following an inquiry by the NCUC Chair, all EC members other than Peter
agreed unanimously to send an email to Peter documenting our conclusion
that he was ineligible and asking him to resign from the EC. This email was
sent to Peter August 1st. Later on August 2nd Peter acknowledged receipt of
the email and withdrew his request for travel support to the Hyderabad
meeting. However, Peter has still not resigned from the EC as requested.

We believe that Peter should resign from the EC immediately as the evidence
of his role as a representative of CONAC is clear.

Best Regards,

Rafik