[NCUC-EC] CROPP solution

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 00:52:30 CEST 2016

Hi Rafik,

On 23 April 2016 at 14:30, Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Farzaneh,
>
> Thanks for the proposal
>
>> I would like to suggest a solution for CROPP. Please respond to this by
>> the end of Monday (whichever timezone is the latest) so that we can act
>> quickly.
>>
>> 1. I recommend that we send Karel instead of Renata to OECD Ministerial.
>>

> this would be possible pending that Karel can register to the ministerial
> and propose outreach activity (at least taking over Renata proposal) . I am
> in touch with LAC VP and he probably can help him.
>

>> 2. I recommend to  re-issue the call for CROPP for events that will take
>> place in June. I have looked at various calendars and suggest the text
>> below:
>>

> I am kind of cautious here:
> - making another call would take time to get proposals and review them
> quickly. are we committed to act quickly?
> - I am also don't want to encourage people to just take the examples
> below, I would like that folks make some efforts and suggest their own
> proposal to have ownership.
>  it is almost late for end may if we have the 6 weeks requirement. we
> probably and more safely can cover events in June.

I think we can act quickly. According to IV (c)(9) of bylaws:  Whenever EC
votes are required by the charter but inaction by other members of the EC
prevents tasks and duties required by the charter to be executed, the Chair
is empowered to act to further the interests of the constituency. In the
event of a tie vote on the EC, the Chair shall act as tiebreaker.

Now I don't know if the CROPP requests need our vote, if they don't then
you can just consult with us but make a decision yourself ( I think) and
even if it needs our vote  you can decide in case the EC (some or all)
members do not say anything. So I think just put a deadline for EC members
to respond and if they don't or some do, make a decision.

We can treat the applications as first come first evaluated. That way we
don't have to wait for applications to reach us. There is a downside to
this, obviously we might miss out on better quality proposals but still we
can make it.

I understand your concern but alittle bit of hand holding at this stage for
the community is not a bad thing, especially if they need to understand how
the program works.

> Best,
>
> Rafik
>
> Dear NCUC Members,
>>
>> This is a re-issuance of the call for CROPPs as some of the proposals did
>> not go through due to timing issues. Therefore we are re-issuing the call
>> for CROPP only for meetings that will be held in JUNE 2016 or end of MAY.
>> This is due to the timelimit that the program has. We have to submit the
>> proposals six weeks before the event. We suggest that the NCUC members look
>> at the events below, and see if they have an interest in attending and
>> doing outreach for NCUC. Please bear in mind that you have to be located in
>> the region of the event to be able to receive CROPP.
>>
>> http://www.asia.aidforum.org/speakers/become-speaker (Asia Pacific)
>>
>> http://www.aace.org/conf/edmedia/  <http://www.aace.org/conf/edmedia/> (North
>> America)
>>
>> Bishkek IGF *(Kyrgyzstan- Central Asia)*
>>
>> IGF USA
>>

>> If you have other meetings in mind, please submit a proposal.
>>

>> ****
>>
>> Please consider this solution and respond as soon as possible.
>>
>> Best
>>

>> --
>> Farzaneh

Farzaneh