[NCUC-EC] Fwd: CROPP Updates - FY15 Admin Report - FY16 Progress - FY17 Status

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 13:11:09 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

please find below the updates from the ICANN staff managing the CROPP
program , including the report from FY15.
some highlights:
- instead if allocating 5 slots, we can opt for single outreach engagement
event
- to start quickly allocating the slots in FY16 we have to prepare the
outreach strategy soon
- ALAC is using most of the allocated slots compared to GNSO. one reason is
that they start preparing quite early, consistently since the beginning of
the program i.e. CROPP cannot be planned in ad-hoc manner.
we don't have any guarantee that we will have CROPP for FY17 but we will
start planning with the assumption that will be renewed.

first step would be to review the current outreach strategy (
https://community.icann.org/display/croppfy16/NCUC+Outreach+Strategic+Plan),
update it (we should make more exhaustive and detailled roadmap) . then
listing potential events and conferences we would like to target and what
kind of outreach efforts we would like to conduct e.g. session, workshop,
side event etc.

Best,

Rafik