[NCUC-EC] CROPP again and planning for FY17

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 04:40:20 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

while I thought that we moved on with the CROPP for this year, we have to
deal with some issues raised after submitting the requests:

- for Ayden because WSIS forum is quite close (the minimal period is 6
weeks),  ICANN staff is stating that impossible to move forward with the
request. I am seeing if we can get support here but we may have to
reallocate the slot.

- For Renata, she sent me email saying that is because the political
situation in Brazil and her university she won't be able to go OECD meeting
this June.

- for Aarti, since the meeting is in July we cannot use the slot from FY16.
while I asked ICANN staff previously about such case, there was some
misunderstanding here.

so if we don't want to lose those slots, we have to reallocate them soon.
we don't have so much time or choice here. we can review previous proposals
(selecting from those relevant) and think about other possibilities to
assign CROPP slots in emergency.

Aarti case sounds straightforward and we can use FY17 slots for it.

those issues shows why CROPP planning should happen quite earlier. for that
purpose, we will have to work on NCUC outreach strategy soon to be
submitted for CROPP and initiate call for proposals early (even before July
1st), also working closely with related ICANN staff on this.

Best,

Rafik