[NCUC-EC] 答复: Initiating NCUC travel support call for helsinki

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 11 08:53:52 CEST 2016

This is okay Rafik.
Thanks.

From: rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 15:42:41 +0900
Subject: Re: 答复: [NCUC-EC] Initiating NCUC travel support call for helsinki
To: seekcommunications at hotmail.com
CC: milton at gatech.edu; farzaneh.badii at gmail.com; caribe at entropia.blog.br; ggithaiga at hotmail.com; ncuc-ec at lists.ncuc.org

Hi ,
@Peter Thanks, I added your suggested line. the updated call below. the call is getting longer with many details they are already n travel policy. I would like to send this today.
Dear NCUC members:
ICANN 56  will be held in Finland, Helsinki   27-30 June  2016. NCUC members can apply to receive funding to attend the meeting. The travel dates can be ideally from 26  June  to 1st July.
The budget for each meeting for travel support is maximum of  $4,000. $4,000 is to be divided amongst the participants who are chosen to receive the support, i.e. not per person. Covered travel expenses may include conference-related airfare, visas or related fees, lodging, and airport taxis. If the actual cost of these items is greater than $2,000 the member will be responsible for the difference. NCUC cannot provide a per diem or cover any other expenses.  Selected travellers must make their own travel, accommodation,visa, and related arrangements and be reimbursed after the trip. NCUC cannot provide funds in advance of the meeting, or any administrative support. The recipients of NCUC travel support would be expected to send their blog posts within 4 weeks from the closure of ICANN meeting. According to the NCUC Travel Support Policy, supported travellers could only be reimbursed once they have delivered meeting reports or blog posts.
Interested members should read carefully the terms and conditions of the policy available at http://www.ncuc.org/participate/ncuc-travel-support/ and send a proposal as to why they should receive funding to attend this ICANN meeting. They should also indicate the approximate amount of travel funding. Requests can be sent both for full funding and partial funding.Please apply by replying to  Maryam (maryam.bakoshi at icann.org) and Rafik (rafik.dammak at gmail.com).
Since Sonigitu couldn't attend Marrakech meeting due to visa issue, his previous allocation was moved to Helsinki meeting.
The deadline for application is 21st April. regardless getting or not the travel support, you may consider applying for the visa asap (check details here https://meetings.icann.org/en/helsinki56) since the deadline from the host country to apply for visa is 31st May.
Best Regards,
Rafik Dammak
NCUC Chair

Dear Rafik, Dear EC members,

Glad that we initiate call for travel support of ICANN 56 for NCUC members  in an early stage.

I am ok with the following call, however with some emphasis.

In order to avoid that supported members did not deliver meeting reports or blog posts, coud we add a line in the red lines  for emphasis that:

According to the NCUC Travel Support Policy, supported travelers could only be reimbursed once they have delivered meeting reports or blog posts.

See the finaly section of the Policy:

Reimbursement of Expenses

After completion of a trip, a traveler must a) submit the brief post-trip blog post mentioned in the Eligibility Criteria via email to the NCUC Chair, with a Cc: to one other member of the Executive Committee; and then b) submit scans of receipts for the above-mentioned
 expenses and a list showing the sums in US dollars via email to the NCUC Chair and Treasurer. Arrangements will then be made to reimburse the itemized expenses via an interbank wire transfer.

We could stress that without the report, the expenses would not be covered.

That's my point!

{{I owe you a great apology here.

Due to issues of excessive mailbox bounces (thanks for Maryam's notification), I was unsubscribed from the EC mailing list for a while. That's why I did not receive emails from the EC for the past couple
 of weeks, for which I feel so sorry.  Luckily, Rafik sent the email to our individual emails. Thanks for that.

I  have missed several threads in the EC mailing list, therefore without reponses on my part.  Today I reviewd the archives of the EC
 mail list, and surprisingly found that I began losing emails from the EC list on 15th, March, with the thread titled "Marrakech follow-up ", which was two days after I was back to
 Beiing from Marrakech.

Sorry for such a loss of emails.  I have noted that my mailbox has intermittent connectivity with the EC mailingst and have been trying to find out the
 problems and then fix it. }}

Best Regards

Peter