[NCUC-EC] RSVP - ICANN Leadership Training Programme - INVITATION to the GNSO

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Fri Sep 11 08:32:13 CEST 2015

Hello Gisella

Thanks for your note.  Hanane is the representative agreed to on a competitive basis by the NCUC Exec. Committee.  Rim joined NCUC in July, has yet to engage with us, and did not submit an application to us through the process that was explained on list several times.  If we had known we could send you two names, we’d have sent the two people who followed the process and have indicated a desire to become more involved in constituency leadership.  It would be unfair to the losing applicant to support someone who didn’t apply.

If you now want to offer us two slots the correct thing to do would be for me to make another open call for proposals.  The losing candidate has since found out he can’t come to Dublin anyway so we’d have to do it that way. Let me know if you want us to proceed.

Thanks

Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer