[NCUC-EC] Urgent: Replacement of NCUC representative to NCSG EC

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Wed Oct 21 09:18:17 CEST 2015

Hi

NCUC urgently need to appoint a new representative to the NCSG EC as Tapani will be Chair of NCSG, i.e. no longer one of NCUC’s representatives on the EC.  Normally we’d wait until the new NCUC EC is in place to do such appointments, but it’s not an option since Tapani is NCSG chair from tomorrow and we must have a replacement in place. The incoming EC can appoint the other rep as soon as it’s in office.

The simple and best solution is to appoint Rafik, who is actually running his last NCSG EC meeting as I write.  Rafik has agreed to this.  Continuity in representation is really needed here, as there’s a lot of dense history and complexity to the inter-constituency dynamics and operations of the EC, plus Rafik has been dealing with the Board on these matters.

So I’m formally proposing the appointment of Rafik as one of our EC reps for 2016.   Please let me know if you agree with this.

Thanks

Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer