[NCUC-EC] Budget allocation for NCUC Anniversary Party - Sunday Oct 18th

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Thu Oct 1 15:13:07 CEST 2015

Hi

Further to the thread that’s been running on the members list concerning our 16 anniversary party, James Gannon has spent a bunch of time looking at sites and negotiating with staff on our behalf, and then there’s been a lot of coordination over the details of what we can afford, different configurations of refreshments, speakers, invitations, and all the rest.  And what we’ve come up with as the best deal is

> Sunday, 18 October -  19:00 to whenever
> NCUC Sixteenth Birthday Party
> The Dean Hotel
> 33 Harcourt St, Dublin 2, Ireland
> deanhoteldublin.ie <http://deanhoteldublin.ie/>
> Map: http://bit.ly/1WxJhQM <http://bit.ly/1WxJhQM>
> +353 (01) 607 8110

at this price

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> On Oct 1, 2015, at 2:03 PM, James Gannon <james at cyberinvasion.net <mailto:james at cyberinvasion.net>> wrote:
>>
>> Ok aiming for 3000USD
>>
>> Room booking = 485 (Already invoiced)
>>
>> 35 Food @ 14.95 = 523.25
>> 150 Beers at 5.50 = 825
>> 30 wine @28 = 840
>>
>> For a total of 2673 EUR and 2980 USD at todays exchange rate so call it 3000.

which, while a little more than I’d hoped (Dublin’s expensive), is still well less than we spend to bring people to a given meeting, and after all we only turn sweet 16 once and have never done this before. So I’m comfortable with a $3,000 budget (as is PIR, our main benefactor) and after the food and drink we get for that is gone people can pay out of pocket.

Milton has made the downpayment and will handle paying off the remainder of the contract, so we just need to authorize his reimbursement. We can do this in Dublin when we meet on Saturday afternoon.

Best

Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer