[NCUC-EC] Stephanie Perrin Travel Support + Procedures for Ad Hoc Requests

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Tue Mar 24 14:56:56 CET 2015

Hi

> On Mar 24, 2015, at 1:50 PM, PeterGreen <seekcommunications at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Shall we divide it into two  parts in the Travel Support Policy, one part for ICANN meetings, the other for non-ICANN meeings, with clear titles for each part?

That was my thought.  A section labeled ICANN Meetings that say we make up to 2 x $2,000 per meeting available subject to the below conditions (current text) and another section labeled Related Meetings that says something like on an occasional ad hoc basis [up to what, 5 times a year? or don’t set a ceiling..] we can provide support for participation in WG or other directly related meetings representing NCUC up to $1,000 [exceptionally a bit more if compelling reason] subject to the following conditions (everything but provision 6 would seem applicable, ' Did not receive NCUC funding to attend the immediately previous ICANN meeting, unless exceptional circumstances require their presence at two consecutive meetings.’).

It seems from the responses that we pretty much have consensus for an integrated policy text.  Anyone want to take a crack at drafting it?  I’m very swamped this week with other things.

Bill