[NCUC-EC] Additional Travel Support Requests (& fundraisng)

João Carlos Rebello Caribé caribe at entropia.blog.br
Tue Mar 10 16:54:10 CET 2015

I don't know about that, so I'll check too, no one word from Carlos Afonso?
No one answer from Glasser?

Also I found on this meeting notes one possible reason: http://cgi.br/reunioes/ata/2014/12

The IGF will be a high cost for CGI.Br.

Read the Google Translated section or meeting notes:

[..]09. Support for Events in 2015 of 4 Sectors

Glaser presents the events of relationship that wish to support sectors in 2015 and recalls that the advice requested that the sectors send the names of the event who wanted support, and information such as: date, place and the dimension / value of the sponsorship. The events related in this list the consistency of the project will be checked and meets the prerequisites that must be followed to ensure that resources are released. Explained that there are events that have the support of their sectors, were appointed by the respective directors, being unnecessary to make an event evaluation event. This event list will be considered a pre-approval and implies that before the release of funds the applicant must submit the event details for the proper assessment by the Department. If the prerequisites are all satisfied, will elaborate a specific resolution for each event. Mark stresses that it must be clear that this is a pre-approval of events, and the future of these projects is evaluated as inappropriate, everyone should understand that there was not a final approval. Lisandro highlights its interpretation, stating that what is being done now is approval of this set of events in relation to its merit; thus the CGI.br are agreeing that these events need to be strategically supported and it will be done; when the support of the request arrives for advice, it will follow the bureaucratic issues the request, analyzing the received proposal and responding directly to event organizers if there are elements that are not appropriate in relation to the procedures CGI.br. This prevents what traditionally has happened in other years, which is the back of the support request to the event to the full. Parajo says that this procedure was adopted last year and most of the events listed have been supported by CGI.br, following a technical qualification criteria and merit. Lisandro highlights being approved events are the annual ratio recommended for each sector, and what was happening in other years, is that some requests for support arose later appear without the approved relationship earlier this year. Eventually during the year may appear other events that are not on this list, but should be treated as an exception rather than the rule. Demi explains that the list is not closed, but that these values ​​from the list set out in the budget for 2015 and that unrelated events that occur, can not be approved. Parajo points out that according to the Council of NIC.br Administration, you can not do anything out of the budget for this year, as the investment with the IGF will be very large. So if any arise great interest to the event CGI.br, full should evaluate and make a decision regarding this specific request. All board members agree with the approval of the event lists sent by sectors.[..]

--
João Carlos R. Caribé
Consultor