[NCUC-EC] Travel to Dublin Meeting

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Wed Jul 8 09:20:01 CEST 2015

That’s great Roy, would be excellent to see you at an ICANN meeting!

I strongly agree with Tapani that we need to have Robin there in light of her central role in the accountability work and more.  Since I won’t need my slot, we could reallocate that one to her.  Beyond this, if we follow the rule that “who needs to be there for the greatest bang for the buck” is key, we might consider Jeremy Malcolm from EFF, which is just joining.  EFF is a big dog in this space, and their one foray into GNSO stuff a couple weeks ago got a lot of press. I know EFF wants to get into the privacy stuff big time, which is huge right now.  Frankly, they have money and I’d hope they fund him themselves, but it seems he’s still having to sell it..so let’s keep an open mind.  Or he could apply for the $2k, which I already mentioned to him, but that might not cover all costs from California.

Matt Shears is another centrally involved person we need to find out about.

If it transpires that there’s wiggle room and we can just rotate slots among EC people, then that would suggest Stefania and Joao, methinks.  But let’s see.  Again, we have the $2k option, and for Stefania being in Europe that might be a possibility.

Best

Bill