[NCUC-EC] civil society in ICANN - description

João Carlos Rebello Caribé caribe at entropia.blog.br
Mon Dec 28 21:13:22 CET 2015

Rafik and other EC members, I reiterate my candidacy as representative of the NCUC to this CS project, had already come into contact with Adam, soon after the meeting of Dublin, offering to join the project team. I believe I have strong experience on this issue to do a good job.

I suggest a simple task to solve this input:

We need to map the main characteristic of any of this: At-Large, NPOC and NCUC (GROUPS)

What are the main similarities and differences of these GROUPS on:
     1) Participation  at ICANN ecosystem.
     2) Engagement needs (E.G. NCUC accept individuals, At-Large just NGOs, etc)

This map would support to answer simple questions of potential candidates, e.g.
     How you plan to participate in ICANN?
      a) Building polices of gTLD, IP and other GNSO ISSUES >> GNSO

     On GNSO what are your focus in human rights? Operational procedures or  Human rights at all ? >> NPOC or NCUC

We can work better mapping the similarities and differences of these GROUPS.

At-Large does a great job on this issues, their slides and folders are very easy and instructive for newcomers.

Finally we need to improve our NCUC communication strategy, will send suggestions early on January.

Happy New year for all!

Joao Carlos Caribe

Em 28/12/2015, às 12:36, Rafik Dammak escreveu:

> Hi there,
>
> this was sent by Adam and he is asking for input here.
>
> Best,
>
> Rafik

João Carlos R. Caribé
Consultor