[NCUC-EC] NCUC statement for CCWG report

PeterGreen seekcommunications at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 21 15:46:34 CET 2015

Hi Rafik, Hi Ed,
First, thanks Ed for the hard work.  It is such a consolidated draft comment.
The points are summarized as follows:
NCUC does not accept:
Recommendation 1: Establishing an Empowered Community for Enforcing Community PowersRecommendation 9: Incorporation of the Affirmation of CommitmentsRecommendation 10: Enhancing the accountability of Supporting Organizations and Advisory CommitteesRecommendation 11:  Board Obligations with Regards to Governmental Advisory Committee Advice (Stress Test 18)
NCUC accepts:
Recommendation 2: Empower the Community Through Consensus: Engage, Escalate, EnforceRecommendation 3: Redefining ICANN’s Bylaws as ‘Standard Bylaws’ and ‘Fundamental Bylaws’Recommendation 4: Empowering Community Involvement in ICANN Decision-making: Seven New Community PowersRecommendation 5: Changing Aspects of ICANN’s Mission, Commitments and Core ValuesRecommendation 6: Reaffirming ICANN's Commitment to Respect Internationally Recognized Human Rights as it Carries Out It’s MissionRecommendation 7: Strengthening ICANN's Independent Review ProcessRecommendation 8: Fortifying ICANN's Request for Reconsideration ProcessRecommendation 12: Committing to Further Accountability Work in Work Stream 2
I strongly support the comment to Recommendation 1.
Currently, ACs are not the same as SOs.  This point is related to the foundation of the CCWG report.
Looking forward to possible awareness and solution to adress this point.
I agree to submit this comment in the name of NCUC.
BestPeter