[NCUC-EC] NCUC statement for CCWG report

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Mon Dec 21 09:07:17 CET 2015

Hi

Process point: FWIW this is why I raised several times (with no takers and some opposition) the possible need for NCUC to reestablish a light Policy Committee to deal with the occasional situation where a constituency statement is needed.  The existing bylaws provide a mechanism---even if we don’t have constituency reps to Council, those Councilors who happen to be in the constituency could serve along with the others mentioned.  In the absence of one we’ve tended to just sort of vet and get rough consensus on ncuc-discuss, which alas would not be easy on less than a 24 hour turnaround. Anyway, hopefully nobody complains post hoc about an EC decision that’s not envisioned in the bylaws.  Insofar as there’s a synch with the NCSG PC output t’s probably not an issue.

Cheers

Bill

> On Dec 21, 2015, at 5:12 AM, Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> Ed suggested and worked on drafting the attached comment on CCWG report for NCUC, summarising main points in the NCSG report. NCSG will submit its comment and NCUC statement would strengthen that.
> we have short timeframe to submit this (deadline is 21st Dec 23:59UTC), @Milton and @Farzaneh since you are involved in CCWG and the NCSG discussion, can you help for this?
>
> Best,
>
> Rafik

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer
  University of Zurich, Switzerland
  www.williamdrake.org
The Working Group on Internet Governance - 10th Anniversary Reflections
New book at https://www.apc.org/en/WGIG