[NCUC-EC] Approving CROPP slot allocation for Monika

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 00:47:41 CET 2015

Hi,

> Hello Rafik,
>
> Sorry your email went into my spam box!! hence the delay in response.
>
> Can I ask if Monika can provide us with concrete plans on how she plans to
> do outreach for NCUC? For example, which organizations will she approach
> and if she can also arrange a side event at the conference to talk
> specifically about NCUC and its mission? I don't  have an objection but as
> we just started I would like to know more about her plans.
>
> yes we can ask her about the plan butI would think that arranging a side
event is logistically challenging even for NCUC as a group.

> Also I am abit unclear about the current financial status of CROP. How
> much it is, the record of people and conferences that were allocated CROP
> etc. If there is anyway I can find this information?
>
> not sure to understand your question about the financial aspect. CROPP is
a pilot project from ICANN to give  each GNSO constituency and ALAC RALO 5
(regional) travel slots to do outreach activity by attending conference up
to 3 days including airfare and accommodation. the slot is allocated with
coordination with the regional manager and with expectation to write report
afterwards. the travel slots are allocated by fiscal year and they are not
moved to the next if we don't use them.
here the link for this fiscal year https://community.icann.org/x/P400Aw you
can find all proposals for all groups. example the proposal from Monika
here for last year https://community.icann.org/x/aYvhAg
for the first year 2014 https://community.icann.org/x/QVp-Ag

after that, we should get more proposals and weight priorities to be more
effective.

And how much fund is allocated to Monika's travel?

I don't think we can talk about funding here since it is about travel
support with airfare, accommodation and per-diem .i.e not a budget that
NCUC is managing.

> Also I know this is an exceptional request but sometimes people don't
> check their emails during the weekend. I suggest giving them time to decide
> on a work day in the future.

the email was sent in Friday though .

Best,

Rafik