[NCUC-EC] Soliciting Nominations of Candidates for NCUC Delegate to the ICANN 2016 NominatingCommittee

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Mon Aug 10 16:14:00 CEST 2015

Hi

Sure, if we want to list everyone who’s served in various positions etc. we can, although I wonder if it will deepen the apparent trend toward focusing on the division/allocation of “roles” and “opportunities” more than on policy work and constituency-building.  I would not like us to become a poor man’s At Large, but this may be the trajectory we’re pushed in.

For the EC, there is an incomplete list already of past EC members at http://www.ncuc.org/governance/previous-executive-committees/

GNSO Councilors (formerly NCUC now SG) and NCUC appointees to the NCSG EC and PC are at https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Leadership+Team. Reps to WGs etc at https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Representatives but historical would have to be dug out from ncsg.is and gnso.icann.org

You may recall that when we were debating the process for managing travel slots for the meetings I spent a bunch of time trying to dig up records of who had traveled to each meeting. This will be in the mail archive.  The effort was incomplete but Glen promised she could help dig it out if we really wanted.

For Nomcom, someone passed along a listing on Skype the other day:

2015 Brenden Kuerbis (NA)
2014 Rafik Dammak (AF), Brenden Kuerbis (NA)
2013 Rafik Dammak (AF)
2012 Maria Farrell (EU)
2011 Maria Farrell (EU)
2010 Norbert Klein (AP)
2009 Norbert Klein (AP)
2008 Karen Banks (EU)
2007 Karen Banks (EU)
2006 Frannie Wellings (NA)
2005 Frannie Wellings (NA)
2004 George McLaughlin (AP)
2003 Marc Schneiders (EU)

Not sure what other information people think should be aggregated but this is a start.

Best

Bill

> On Aug 10, 2015, at 3:51 PM, PeterGreen <seekcommunications at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Rafik,
>
> another suggestion: better to create a page in website for all nominations/elections related stuff (process, nominations, candidates/appointees) so you can refer to it in future.
>
> Thanks for this great suggestion.
> Compiling a NCUC Representatives Document (including all historical nominations and elections) has been the thing I want to do .
>
> I will try to collect those records and materials.
>
> Best
> Peter
>

> From: rafik.dammak at gmail.com <mailto:rafik.dammak at gmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 10:35:07 +0900
> To: ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info <mailto:ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info>; ncuc-ec at lists.ncuc.org <mailto:ncuc-ec at lists.ncuc.org>
> Subject: Re: [NCUC-EC] Soliciting Nominations of Candidates for NCUC Delegate to the ICANN 2016 NominatingCommittee
>
> Hi,
>
> > Then, point taken, we shall start discussions on selection, adding
> > Rafik, Milton Robin and Tapani in the list.
>
> We are already on the list, no need to add us. :-)
>
> yes I am here already :)
> I think you got already a plan to proceed. as mentioned several  times, it is important to remind members about process what was done before and refer to charter when needed. just focus to conduct this appointment process for now then do a retrospective later to  find what can be improved and write down the process to document it. you cannot improve such process on the fly and doing so will raise more issues than solutions.
> another suggestion: better to create a page in website for all nominations/elections related stuff (process, nominations, candidates/appointees) so you can refer to it in future.
>
> Best,
>
> Rafik
>

> --
> Tapani Tarvainen