[NCUC-EC] Soliciting Nominations of Candidates for NCUC Delegate to the ICANN 2016 NominatingCommittee

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Sun Aug 9 13:42:38 CEST 2015

On Sun, Aug 09, 2015 at 06:16:49PM +0800, PeterGreen (seekcommunications at hotmail.com) wrote:

> For transparency and in line with suggestions in folks'
> discussions, as the EC, shall we send out an open call for
> soliciting candidates on NomCom position. @Bill, as our Chair, could
> you please be kind to sent out an official call with the proposed
> selection timeline you agree with.

Given that Bill has already been nominated, it might be best
for someone else in the EC to handle the process,
including sending a call for nominations, collecting
replies and handling the discussion and vote within EC.

While I don't see any formal need for Bill to recuse himself
from anything but the vote itself, nonetheless I think it'd look
better if someone who isn't running would manage the process.

> Then, point taken, we shall start discussions on selection, adding
> Rafik, Milton Robin and Tapani in the list.

We are already on the list, no need to add us. :-)

--
Tapani Tarvainen