[NCUC-EC] NCUC travel funding policy

Milan, Stefania Stefania.Milan at EUI.eu
Tue Sep 16 13:01:30 CEST 2014

Rafik, you raise an excellent point that I had not personally thought about.

Bill, sure re: payment after the trip. We should be aware, however, that for some people upfronting the money might be a problem. But we can solve this issue on an ad-hoc basis.

Concerning the amount we intend to allocate, I would suggest to go for a max of USD, but we might also decide, say, to finance four people for 1000 each, according to needs and applications. In other words, we should not promise always 2000, but indicate that 2000 is the maximum per person.

What do you think?

Greetings from amazingly sunny Copenhagen!

Stefi

________________________________
Da: ncuc-ec-bounces at lists.ncuc.org <ncuc-ec-bounces at lists.ncuc.org> per conto di William Drake <william.drake at uzh.ch>
Inviato: martedì 16 settembre 2014 10.57
A: William Drake
Cc: Exec. Comm
Oggetto: Re: [NCUC-EC] NCUC travel funding policy

On Sep 16, 2014, at 9:48 AM, William Drake <william.drake at uzh.ch<mailto:william.drake at uzh.ch>> wrote:

Each grantee will receive a lump sum up to USD 2,000.

Actually, probably this should say something like

Each grantee will eligible for support in the amount of USD $2,000, payable by wire transfer after the conference upon submission of receipts for their travel and lodging.  Grantees who do not actually attend the meeting in question cannot receive payment.

Right?

Bll

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited without the express permission of the sender. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.