[NCUC-EC] NCUC travel funding policy

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Tue Sep 16 09:48:35 CEST 2014

Hi

So four of us (Stefi, Pranesh, Carlos, myself) met in Istanbul and had a meeting.  Having quorum, we decided to go forward with a publicly stated travel policy, which is described in Stefi’s draft below (thanks for writing it up!).  Grace and Roy it would be good to hear whether you agree with the proposal, in which case we can present it to members as a unanimous decision.

We might want to do some little language tweaks, but that’s just copy editorial.  The one substantive question I have is regarding the reporting. Stefi, you have us agreeing that funded travelers would write blogs both before and after the relevant meeting; I only recall us discussing the after.  I’m not necessarily opposed, but don’t want it to seem onerous.  Do people agree with this requirement?    If we want to proceed like this, to be clear, we’d be saying that the person would write a couple para saying there’s such and such issue happening, I’m involved in it in this way, and here’s what I expect to be debated at the meeting, and then the after post would say “as I blogged previously blah blah” and here’s what happened at the meeting and what comes next?  Is this potentially a bit redundant, in which case one blog post hoc might suffice and seem less like we’re giving them busy work?

Best,

Bill

Begin forwarded message: