[NCUC-EC] Istanbul EC meeting minutes and travel policy

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 15:50:18 CEST 2014

Hi

Just a reminder to the folks who volunteered to conspire on drafting these two items that we should get the info out fairly quickly so that people can make plans to apply for travel support.

Note to those who didn’t participate: we had a quorum of four in Istanbul and among the items we agreed was to finally formalize a policy on requests for travel support from the NCUC piggy bank.  In line with discussions on last year’s EC, the consensus was to make up to $4,000 available per meeting to support members who are actively contributing to NCUC work and need to be at a particular meeting.  It was suggested that absent exceptional circumstances there should be a presumption of rotation, i.e. the same person wouldn’t get support two meetings in a row.  This policy would be posted on the website and the mail list. The ideal situation would be we get two people who with $2,000 would be able to find other resources to make a trip viable.  If we’re going to implement this for LA, we will need to get it announced soon.  Glen has confirmed that Stephanie will get the travel slot previously set aside for Stefi, so at present we have no draws on our resources for LA.

Relatedly, Carlos reported that CGI.br can be expected to re-up on a financial contribution, details pending.

Milton you never responded as to whether PRI deposited the funds promised in the account.  Would be good to know where we stand, resource-wise.

Best

Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer