[NCUC-EC] URGENT budget allocation to strengthen NCUC server

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 17:45:20 CEST 2014

Hello

NCUC’s email lists were down for a week until I noticed yesterday and asked the e-team folks to look into it.  Please read the below. The server was under attack. To strengthen its defenses, Tapani says we need to spend a few more pennies.  I would think this is priority number one for our funds.  Stefani and Roy have already expressed support for this on the e-team list.  I would ask that others here respond quickly so that we can act.

I formally propose authorization of whatever expenditure is needed to increase the memory by 3GB (Tapani didn’t specify the amount, but if 2GB is $5/month 3GB can’t be a budget buster.

Would appreciate a rapid response here folks.

Thanks

BIll

Begin forwarded message: