[NCUC-EC] EC Meeting TODAY: Draft Agenda

Pranesh Prakash pranesh at cis-india.org
Fri May 30 12:34:17 CEST 2014

Dear all,
DeeDee's expenses come out to USD 2902 (including already-incurred
booking expenditure of USD 2402 and a total per-diem of USD 500).  I
checked on Google Flights and Orbitz and the cheapest flights for the
dates she's booked are the USD 1406 range.

It has been proposed that we grant USD 2000.

Despite my not knowing personally of DeeDee's contributions, I've gotten
the impression from those others who have previously approved her
request that she is an active member of standing.

Given the above, I am agreeable to this request.

William Drake <wjdrake at gmail.com> [2014-05-30 09:21:12 +0200]:
> NCUC has never in 13 years asked funded travelers to do this, I guess because there’s no need.  If we say we’ll cover your travel up to an amount and they book and submit a receipt for travel up to that amount why do we need to know in advance what flight they’ll be on?

I guess my experience with getting funds for travel from organizations
has been different.  Whether with Yale or CIS or with conference
organizers (in those cases where I buy the ticket and get them to
reimburse), I have always had to show that I am going for a
reasonably-priced ticket.

I did not know of the long-standing practices of NCUC.

Cheers,
Pranesh

--
Pranesh Prakash
Policy Director, Centre for Internet and Society