[NCUC-EC] Request for funding assistance

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Tue May 27 09:29:34 CEST 2014

Hi

On May 27, 2014, at 4:30 AM, Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Bill
>
> speaking as observer here, I thought that in Singapore NCUC EC discussed about travel support guidelines, are they finalized and can be used for this time?

This has been discussed at multiple EC meetings.  We seem to be in the mode of passing it down as oral history rather than text.  Given that it’s intuitively obvious and has never given rise to controversy it may be sufficient to leave it to each EC to work out, rather than presuming to fix a policy.  But if we want to do that I have a couple paras of email that could be repurposed to a EC only workspace.

> on other hand, maybe worthy to work on funding too and secure a time slot to meet with PIR folks and Brian to strengthen the relations? NCUC didn't have meeting with them since a long time.

Not sure what you consider a long time but Brian met with us in Durban and Buenos Aires as part of ATRT and in Singapore wasn’t available.  Anyway, I submitted an annual request for $15k to them and am waiting for news from Milton that the contribution has hit the account.

Carlos was going to reach out to CGI.br, don’t know the status of that.

Bill