[NCUC-EC] SINGAPORE LOGISTICS

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 11:33:39 CET 2014

Hi

Sorry, I’ve been pretty swamped and those of you who are new to ICANN may be a bit in the dark on some things.  Some stuff to do:

1.  You need to register for the ICANN meeting. https://registration.icann.org.  I don’t know what the deal is, maybe a revolt against all the IG stuff from the domain industry types, or everyone simply plans to do it last minute, but at present there are only 618 people registered (not counting cc’s), whereas BA had 1,800.  Could be the smallest meeting in a decade, all the more reason we have to beat the bushes for our conference.

2.  Speaking of which, you also need to register for our conference….please...

3.  Constituency Travel should provide info this week your hotel arrangements.  They’re unusually behind schedule this time and our case is complicated so patience, needed, but I’ll ping Joseph.  I assume we’ll be in the Swisshotel.

4.  I assume we’ll all be on the ground by Thursday evening 20th.  Since we have a conference to run the next morning, it would be desirable to meet up for dinner or at least a drink so we can coordinate in advance.  Can we meet in the Swisshotel lobby at 7:30pm?  If not, the bar on the top floor at like 10:00pm?  Please let me know.

5.  Could people please share their arrival times and communication coordinates.  If you don’t want to do it on the list then write to us all privately. You have my email and Skype, my mobile is +41 78 635 4888.  We are all on Skype pretty much continuously throughout the meeting if any questions arise, too.

6.  Friday morning, we need to ‘person’ the door at the conference to greet people and give them name tags and the printed program, at least at the outset. I can’t do this as I have to run the meeting, so volunteers would be appreciated.  Could split it up and rotate so nobody misses too much of the conference.  Once we reach a certain threshold of people through the door may not be needed.

7. Other mandatory meetings:  Saturday EC meeting and retreat will be in the Moor room 10-16:00 (Glen mistakenly refers to it as an NCSG meeting below).  Sunday NCSG PC is 16:30-18:30 in Hullet.  Tuesday Constituency Day meeting is 9:00-12:30 in Hullet.  NCSG is 13:00 to 15:00 Bras Basah, meeting with the board is 15:30 to 16:30 Padang.  Rest of the week is up to you, but there are certain things one would normally expect us all to be at, e.g. GNSO Council meetings Sunday and Wednesday, the CCWG meetings Monday and Wednesday, the Public Forum Thursday….

8.  I am working on the schedules for the  Saturday EC meeting and retreat and Constituency Day but am blocked by slow responses from people invited to meet with us, will get back to you with these as soon as I’m able.

Any questions, let me know.

Best

Bill

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen at icann.org>
> Subject: NCSG - NCUC meetings in Singapore March 2014
> Date: March 7, 2014 at 11:26:48 PM GMT+1
> To: Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak at gmail.com>, William Drake	<william.drake at uzh.ch>
> Cc: David Olive <david.olive at icann.org>, "gnso-secs at icann.org"	<gnso-secs at icann.org>, "marie-laure Lemineur (mllemineur at gmail.com)"	<mllemineur at gmail.com>, Glen de Saint Géry	<Glen at icann.org>
>
> Dear Rafik and Bill,
>
> The full schedule is available at
>
> http://singapore49.icann.org/en/schedule-full
>
> however, the private meetings you have requested do not show up on the published schedule and are as follows:
>
> Friday 21 March room OLIVIA  10:00-18:00 ICANN & Global Internet  Governance : the road to Sao Paulo and beyond –(Glen:  not my meeting!)
> Saturday 22 March room MOOR 10:00-16:00 NCSG meeting – closed -  12 people, no AV services
>
> Sunday  23 March room HULLET 16:30-18:30 NCSG Policy Committee Meeting  - closed - recording, telephone hook-up, transcript
>
> Tuesday 25 March room HULLET Non Commercial Users Constituency NCUC  09:00-12:30
> http://singapore49.icann.org/en/schedule/tue-ncuc
> Please complete your agenda and let me know who must get editing rights
> https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/NCUC+Singapore+meeting+2014-03-25
>
> Tuesday 25 March room Bras Basah Non Commercial Stakeholder Group NCSG 13:00-15:00
> http://singapore49.icann.org/en/schedule/tue-ncsg
> Please complete your agenda and let me know who must get editing rights
> https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/NCSG+Singapore+meeting+2014-03-25
>
> Tuesday 25 March room A Padang Board with Non-Commercial Stakeholder Gr 15:30-16:30
> http://singapore49.icann.org/en/schedule/tue-board-ncsg
> Board support is responsible so please contact:
> Karine Perset <karine.perset at icann.org>
> Michelle Bright <michelle.bright at icann.org>
> Megan Bishop <megan.bishop at icann.org>
>
> Wednesday 26 March room Indiana NCSG Excom 08:30-10:00 – closed -  recording, telephone hook-up, transcript
>
> For the closed meetings can we count on David Cake for the Adobe connect and remote participation please?
> Please let me know if I have missed anything or if you need more information.
>
> REMOTE participation details for all the meetings will follow shortly.
> Thank you very much.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Glen
>
> Glen de Saint Géry