[NCUC-EC] Article 19 and institutional membership

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 07:27:42 CET 2014

Hi Stefania,

that will be a great recruitment. I saw that they volunteered for such
paper for BestBits and I was surprised since I was not aware of any of
involvement in ICANN

For application they should fill this online form :
https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/How+to+Join  then it
should be reviewed soon. but maybe it will be appropriate to introduce to
some topics that may interest them regarding new gTLD and freedom of
expression , the response from ICANN board to GAC Beijing, Durban, and
Buenos Aires communique. in addition to NCUC interest on IG e.g. Brazil
meeting.
we have web foundation as member since few months, Research ICT Africa and
Article 19 brazil are applying too to join NCUC, maybe we need to discuss
how to involve them with other institutional members and matches theirs
interests with ongoing topics.

you will make introduction about ICANN or IG in general?
Best,

Rafik