[NCUC-EC] Fwd: Request for Singapore travel funding to NCUC EC

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 18:14:46 CET 2014

Hi all

As I’ve mentioned before, NCUC does have money in an account that it can use to fund travel of folks—whether elected EC, appointees, or just regular members who are really involved in something—who need to attend a particular meeting.  In general we’ve been pretty conservative in managing these resources; last year, I think we only paid once, for an EC member to attend Durban.  Since I was able to convince ICANN to fund another EC traveler for Singapore, I would think we should be able to handle Robin’s request without worry.

It would be helpful in addressing this and other responsibilities of a budgetary nature if the EC knew what we’re working with.   Milton. you may not have noticed it amidst other sentences in the relevant messages, but I’ve asked a couple times if you could be so kind as to provide us with a current statement on the NCUC account.  The last one you shared was in the first half of last year, so with a new team in place etc. one would think it’s high time for an update.

Thanks

Bill

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Robin Gross <robin at ipjustice.org>
> Subject: Request for Singapore travel funding to NCUC EC
> Date: February 4, 2014 at 3:31:04 PM GMT+1
> To: William Drake <william.drake at uzh.ch>
> Cc: Milton Mueller <Mueller at syr.edu>, Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak at gmail.com>, Avri Doria <avri at acm.org>
>
> Bill, would you please forward my request to the entire EC?  Thanks!
>

> Dear NCUC Executive Committee,
>
> I am writing to request travel support for the March ICANN meeting in Singapore.   I estimate the cost of hotel and airfare to be $3,000.
>
> As NCUC's representative to the NCSG Executive Committee, I need to participate at the NCSG Executive Committee meeting in Singapore.  I would also like to contribute to the planning of and participate in the NCUC policy conference in Singapore.  I am also available to provide a policy statement on behalf of NCUC in the Public Forum in Singapore should NCUC wish to make a statement there.  Of course I'm happy to help in numerous ways, so just let me know what NCUC needs in Singapore.
>
> Thanks for considering my request.  Hope to see you in Singapore!
>
> Best,
> Robin

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer