[NCUC-EC] Possible invitees for NCUC CS outreach meeting in DC Wed. 13 January

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 07:08:20 CET 2014

Hi Bill,

> What do you folks think we should cover, and who’d be interested in taking
> which piece?  Would this be a good starting point?  Topics to add?  In
> total I don’t think we should talk ‘at’ them for more than 30 minutes if
> that before going to discussion, if we got even a third of the names on
> last year’s Fadi list I suspect we’d have robust engagement from visitors...

I guess some slides with some bullet points would be helpful . each will
have 5 minutes to speak?

>    1. IANA (Avri?)
>    2. Accountability (Matt?)
>    3. Human rights generally (Marilia?)
>    4. Privacy (Stephanie?)
>    5. FoE & 'Internet freedom’ as locals call it (Walid?)
>
> I guess that will be about the topics related to ICANN e.g. new gTLD?

>    1. Access to knowledge/IPR/trademark (Kathy?)
>    2. Development (Rafik?)
>
> I guess I can make it, the challenge is what can interest the USians from
DC about the topic, wondering about the mission of ICANN remit argument :)

>    1. IG generally, NMI, etc (Bill?)

Thanks to Brenden, I got the chance during LA meeting to join call of
roundtable organized by Human Rights Watch and present in 5 min, the latest
updates on ICANN. I can reach Cynthia Wong from HRW to get some names and
invite her too, Emma Llanso of CDT was really helpful to support about the
issue of whois&RDS.

Best Regards,

Rafik