[NCUC-EC] EC Decision Making

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Tue Sep 24 16:49:18 CEST 2013

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 09:47:08AM -0300, Carlos A. Afonso (ca at cafonso.ca) wrote:

> I agree with Ed "Spock" Morris :) But I understand some people
> (yours truly e.g) are having recurring difficulties timewise to
> follow dialogues.

Yes. For that very reason I would like to see EC *decisions*
clearly separated from the informal discussion on the list.

> Bill's suggestions makes sense.

Which of them?

My problem there is mainly the his suggestion is too fuzzy to accept
or reject, and in particularly sidestep the crucial question of
documentation.

Inasmuch as the idea is that not all issues require formal EC decision
but can be decided by the Chair after giving the EC members a chance
to voice their opinion (and possibly call for a vote), I'm fine with that.
In fact I'd be perfectly happy with that, if only such decisions were then
systematically documented.

--
Tapani Tarvainen