[NCUC-EC] EC meeting

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 13:56:47 CEST 2013

Sorry, started a sentence in reply to Ed and didn't finish

On Sep 10, 2013, at 9:25 AM, William Drake <wjdrake at gmail.com> wrote:

> BTW, you asked in another message about process,

whether we should have an EC meeting immediately or just start the bylaws committee.  I'd suggest the latter….I proposed holding an EC meeting when the question of whether we could organize a process to arrive at a November member vote on a revised text was at issue.  Now we know we can't, but that we still want to start the process.  What we don't know is how the process will go, and how fast.  I suggest we not continue debating precise timelines for within the EC in the abstract and get that group going and see what's realistic.  Then we can hold a EC meeting on this point and various others that will accumulate as we get closer to BA, like travel funding decisions etc.

If the bylaws group gets going soon, I suggest a EC meeting Sept. 25 or 26 to take stock of likely progress etc.  If it doesn't we could still hold an EC meeting then, or could hold off a bit more, e.g. the week of Oct. 7.  But I definitely think we should hold an EC meeting before Bali to reconnect etc.  We also should talk about a) Constituency Day agenda in BA and b) NCUC elections.

Best,

Bill