[NCUC-EC] Constituency Day

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 18:51:19 CET 2013

Hi

On Oct 28, 2013, at 4:20 PM, Edward Morris <edward.morris at ALUMNI.USC.EDU> wrote:

> I have charity commitments (Halloween functions) both the evenings of the 31st and 1st. I'd love to get out of them but my companion here might consider homicide if I tried. So, I'm available the 31st until around 17:30 UTC and until 17:00 UTC on the 1st.

I have 3 conf calls on the 31st now so if the 1st works for you I'd prefer it.  Could others here make a call then, e.g. somewhere in the 12-16:00 UTC window?  I'm not going to put up a Doodle unless there's a few indications of possible participation.

>> 2) Constituency Day
>>
>> For CD, I propose this tentative schedule
>>
>> 9:00-9:15		Welcome etc
>>
>> 9:15-9:45		Pending Elections
>
> [we've pushed back candidate statements to the day after per Ed.  I'm not sure how much we'll have to talk about, but probably one can expect someone to ask the incumbents if they're standing again…}
>
> If we're into more abstract things it might be nice to get consensus on determining the voting roll. Of course, I'm looking towards the future bylaws vote in suggesting this is something we need deal with more formally.

I don't understand, this is an admin process, and Tapani seems to have it under control.  What would the EC need to get consensus on?  And what would count as consensus…the three of us who reply to email?

>> 9:45-10:40		Policy Committee and Bylaws
>>
>> 10:40-11:00	Coffee
>>
>> 11:00-11:45	Visit of the ATRT II Team
>
> [I think we really need to prepare for this.  It shouldn't be a bilateral between me and Brian like last time.  Members need to read the draft report and related materials and weigh in on this important process, and one would think the EC should be able to take a lead in prompting discussion]
>

> I've read the draft report, don't understand it completely, but will try to be prepared for the meeting using pre-CD days in BA to ask questions of those more knowledgeable about the subject.

Great.  I don't want to do another bilateral discussion with Brian while folks sit there, doesn't look too good to the body charged with assessing accountability etc.

>> 11:45-12:30	AOB  (please advise of items to cover.  do we want to talk to GACers again?  I'd suggest only if we have a specific agenda, not more "getting to know you.")
>
> Suggest we skip GAC follow up as there's been no time for prep work.  There are a number of things we could discuss here, e.g.
>
> *Managing the transition to a new EC, rapid first quarter boot up, ICANN funded one day EC meeting in Singapore
> *NCUC policy conference in Singapore (please see my proposal on the list)
>

> I'll try to respond on list when weather, power and time allow but...
>
> It can be included in your p.c. proposal but I really think a panel on "ICANN: Operations?" is needed. Be it the proposal to run a centralised WHOIS database or ICANN's recent involvement with the child porn bust this organisation is starting to do the type of thing that, in part, caused the former Chair to be let go. If we can work it into the overall concept of your p.c. I think such discussion would be valuable.

Noted, let's see how the group that develops the thing sizes up the options when we get there

> *Vacancies: the new need will need to make some appointments, wouldn't be bad to briefly set the agenda
> 	— a rep. to PIR (Robin's still it but it's not been an active link, need to see if she wants to continue)
> 	— two NCSG EC reps (currently Rafik and Milton)
> 	— two NCSG PC reps (currently Wendy and Avri)
> *What am I forgetting?
>>

> If Rafik is going to step down we need to to replace him on NomCom.

I could be interested

> I feel like I've spent most of my term trying to fill the SCI positions. I believe Amr will be stepping down when he assumes his Council seat so we may have to fill that soon (as in current term) as well.
>
>> Reactions, please...
>
> Bill, if your flight is through Heathrow reconfirm as the airport has been shut for a part of the day.

Nope but thanks

> I think the CD proposal is excellent and commend the Chair.

Ok so if nobody else has input I will send to the members and get it on the record

Thanks for the reply

BD