[NCUC-EC] Fwd: [Membership-affairs] Fwd: [EC-NCSG] 20 new NCSG members have been approved

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Tue Oct 29 15:11:48 CET 2013

On Oct 29 22:52, Rafik Dammak (rafik.dammak at gmail.com) wrote:

> > Also, it might be a good idea for the next EC to appoint
> > as NCSG EC delegate someone willing to take over membership
> > management in both NCSG and NCUC - it will take some work
> > to make it work smoothly, even with staff help.

> NCSG membership management is about NCSG members only (as reminder the EC
> doesn't  decide instead of constituencies who should join). the NCSG EC
> will discuss about the management and decide how to improve the application
> process, list management etc and it is already in my to-do list. for ncuc
> side  that is up to NCUC EC to improve the ncuc member list :) I did what I
> was asked for informing the ncuc ec about new batches.

> for NCUC rep in NCSG EC , of course you need to appoint someone else (just
> for info I will start as chair in 22/11 at the end of AGM)

Oops, seems I expressed myself poorly, by "membership management"
I meant the database maintenance, and the above suggestion was
not intended to criticize you.

I just meant it might be useful to have the database manager
(or at least someone who can update the database directly) to
be in both ECs so that there would be a shorter path from the
decision to action: instead of sending emails to and forth and
risking them being missed, it would be better if the delegate
in NCSG EC could update the database directly. Even better if
it could be done so as to keep it automatically in sync with
NCSG member list.

My apologies for the unintended suggestion you hadn't done
what you should.

--
Tapani Tarvainen