[NCUC-EC] election mechanics & website

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Tue Oct 29 11:18:39 CET 2013

On Oct 28 19:45, William Drake (wjdrake at gmail.com) wrote:

> BTW, the reason I don't know is that some important information
> didn't make it through the website transition. The old website used
> to list previous years' ECs, but the new one doesn't include this
> important institutional memory
> http://www.ncuc.org/governance/executive-committee. Tapani & Wilson,
> if one of you has the old file with this, could you please reinsert
> the info?

Wilson made some kind of backup of the old site.
I'm not sure what exactly it contains, but in any
case you can see the old site at archive.org.
I can't see the EC history anywhere there, however.
The way Ning operates may have resulted in archive.org
losing some subpages, though.

> It's not on either of the Confluence pages, either.

Strange; that's where I thought it used to be.
But my memory may not be the most reliable source here.

Nonetheless, a quick search on the mailing list archive helps:

2010: Konstantinos Komaitis (Chair)
      Alex Gakuru (Africa)
      David Cake (Asia)
      Cedric Laurant (Europe)
      Brenden Kuerbis (North America)
      Carlos Affonso Pereira de Souza (South America)

2011: Konstantinos Komaitis (Chair)
      Alex Gakuru (Africa)
      Brenden Kuerbis (North America)
      Carlos A. Afonso (South America)
      David Cake (Asia)
      Nuno Garcia (Europe)

So, this is only 2nd year for Carlos and he's eligible for one more.

--
Tapani Tarvainen