[NCUC-EC] Constituency Day

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 05:06:44 CET 2013

Gentlemen

As I'm still waiting to get off Bali, I'm a bit shocked to note that I fly to BA two weeks from tomorrow, and that CD is the 19th.  So it's time to get moving, I need to post a revision to Confluence https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/NCUC+Buenos+Aires+Meeting+2013-11-19 for the Schedule to link to http://buenosaires48.icann.org/en/schedule/tue-ncuc.  So please, any quick feedback helpful.  Some questions and suggested tweaks below.

Shall we organize a EC meeting to discuss CD topics and conduct, and anything else?  While I have other ICANN teleconferences, I could do Thursday 31 or Friday 1st.  Weekend-Mondays' bad for me due to class preparation & teaching, Tuesday 5th I have a meeting with the government in Bern, and Wed-Friday is the CSTD WG on enhanced cooperation.  My only other option would be the 12th, when packing.  Skype of Google + would be ok (although I've never tried the latter, hopefully easy to set up).

On Sep 14, 2013, at 6:55 PM, William Drake <wjdrake at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2) Constituency Day
>
> For CD, I propose this tentative schedule
>
> 9:00-9:15		Welcome etc
>
> 9:15-9:45		Pending Elections

[we've pushed back candidate statements to the day after per Ed.  I'm not sure how much we'll have to talk about, but probably one can expect someone to ask the incumbents if they're standing again…}

> 9:45-10:40		Policy Committee and Bylaws
>
> 10:40-11:00	Coffee
>
> 11:00-11:45	Visit of the ATRT II Team

[I think we really need to prepare for this.  It shouldn't be a bilateral between me and Brian like last time.  Members need to read the draft report and related materials and weigh in on this important process, and one would think the EC should be able to take a lead in prompting discussion]

> 11:45-12:30	AOB  (please advise of items to cover.  do we want to talk to GACers again?  I'd suggest only if we have a specific agenda, not more "getting to know you.")

Suggest we skip GAC follow up as there's been no time for prep work.  There are a number of things we could discuss here, e.g.

*Managing the transition to a new EC, rapid first quarter boot up, ICANN funded one day EC meeting in Singapore
*NCUC policy conference in Singapore (please see my proposal on the list)
*Vacancies: the new need will need to make some appointments, wouldn't be bad to briefly set the agenda
	— a rep. to PIR (Robin's still it but it's not been an active link, need to see if she wants to continue)
	— two NCSG EC reps (currently Rafik and Milton)
	— two NCSG PC reps (currently Wendy and Avri)
*What am I forgetting?

> Reactions, please...

Thanks

Bill