[NCUC-EC] Meeting

Edward Morris egmorris100 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 14:38:06 CET 2013

You thought that was a serious proposal?

It is in the Bylaws, but makes no sense in the current situation and was
simply a response to your nonsensical comment 'Nor for that matter can we
vote on stuff, for those of you who think all decisions should involve
votes ;-)'

To the best of my knowledge no one has ever asserted all decisions should
involve votes. That voting is part of  the decision making procedures is
true. A default when consensus can't be reached and in certain
circumstances specified by the Bylaws, most of which involve appointments..
All votes? Really? As I said, those people who assert that, if they exist,
 are really evil and don't understand this governance model.

This thread started because I wanted to be responsible and make sure a
meeting you proposed wasn't going to take place. I didn't want to miss it
due to any sort of communications mishap. Like Carlos, I sometimes have
problems following all of these threads. Life happens.

I thought and think it is sad we couldn't get more EC members interested in
attending. That said, I'd suggest that little exaggerations (of course if
anyone has ever suggested ALL decisions should involve votes I stand to be
corrected) such as the one noted might be part of the reason people have
tuned out. Just not worth it. Next time I'll just send a private e-mail to
one of my fellow EC members to determine meeting status. I thought others
might have the same question.

Thanks again for attempting to schedule a meeting. It would have been good
to have and I'm sorry others didn't seem to want to attend.

Ed