[NCUC-EC] Durban, South Africa Supported Travel

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Fri May 17 10:50:31 CEST 2013

On May 17, 2013, at 10:41 AM, Tapani Tarvainen <ncuc at TAPANI.TARVAINEN.INFO> wrote:

> On May 17 08:57, William Drake (william.drake at uzh.ch) wrote:
>
>> On May 17, 2013, at 2:28 AM, Edward Morris <edward.morris at ALUMNI.USC.EDU> wrote:
>
>>> Is it worth raiding the NCUC budget for a little over $1300 to
>>> have another body on the ground?
>
>>> I vote no.
>>
>> I vote yes.
>
> We can afford it, I agree. But Ed made a good point about planning
> further ahead: how will this affect Buenos Aires (and 2014)?
>
> It seems to me Buenos Aires is more important than Durban,
> and it might make more sense to send only three people to Durban
> and five to Buenos Aires than sending four to both, for example.

Good point, we should think about the flow of the year and work.  A priori it's not obvious to me that BA will be of vastly greater significance for NCUC than Durban, in which case I'd say 4, 4 > 3, 5 (not that we're in a position to commit to both at this time).  But let's consider.

Again, we need also to nail just what our financial position is.

BD