[NCUC-EC] our mail lists

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Tue May 14 08:13:27 CEST 2013

On May 13 10:25, William Drake (william.drake at uzh.ch) wrote:

> After a computer problem I'm wasting time recreating the rules then
> send mail to different folders, and it occurs to me some of our
> internal stuff may need a tweak.

Not surprising we didn't get it 100% right at once.
So by all means let's tweak.

> The original idea was to have separate teams for inreach/member
> engagement and outreach/member recruitment. The former never
> attacked many volunteers, the latter got more but didn't move much.
> I understood from Ed in Beijing that as the volunteer facilitator of
> both teams he'd now prefer to fold these two into on group on member
> relations or such. In which case I suppose we could kill the inreach
> mail list and rename the outreach?

We could. All we need is a good name for the combined list.

> Also, the Program Team's list was set up as
> beijing2013 at lists.ncuc.org. At we will continue to program events at
> subsequent meetings, this should get morphed into program-team@ or
> something similar.

Can do. As for the list name, how about "events@" or "event-team@"?

(I dislike "program" here, mainly because I can't help
associating it with computer programs... British
spelling "programme" would work better for me, but all
Americans would be hopelessly confused.
No big deal though, if everybody else wants "program-team"
I can live with it, too.)

--
Tapani