[NCUC-EC] Fwd: Durban, South Africa Supported Travel

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Sat May 11 12:11:27 CEST 2013

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 11:42:05AM +0200, William Drake (william.drake at uzh.ch) wrote:

> > From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen at icann.org>
> > Durban meetings. Please let me have your information no later than
> > 17 May 2012.

[...]

> different ways of allocating are possible, e.g. two fully supported
> travelers with plane, hotel and per diem, or splitting it across
> more people

[...]

> I guess first establish who here's interested and the cases for them
> needing to be there

I guess I don't really *need* to be there, but I'm willing to go,
possibly even with partial support.

> PS: We've never actually formalized the selection criteria and
> written it down so there's a standard policy to reference each time
> this comes up. If someone would like to draft a couple paragraphs
> sometime, that would be most welcome!

I fear it would be very hard to formalize, at least not strictly
enough to really help in making the decision. Some loose guidelines
might be doable, though.

> Also, any other news on developments regarding ongoing projects
> would be welcome—we've sort of gone quiet since Beijing.

I've got a short to-do list for the e-team I somehow haven't
gotten around to sending out because I keep thinking something
important is missing... guess I better not wait any more.
Not much progress since Beijing though.

--
Tapani Tarvainen