[NCUC-EC] Budget Allocation for NCUC Reception @ Durban

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Fri Jun 7 10:55:01 CEST 2013

On Jun 6, 2013, at 7:56 PM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:

> As for Durban, can we please get a banner?

I thought I recalled Robin or Brenden having something like this at some prior meeting, maybe Toronto?  Wasn't something at the podium? If not sure it'd be sensible to have one, feel free to look into production and we can bill to ICANN's promised support for print material.

> A simple one with our logo, name. Can we arrange a viewing of our film? If we're buying people food I want them to know who is paying for it

Ed, please read again the many messages about this.  We will have run a two hour workshop about what is NCUC just prior to saying ok let's all go to a reception sponsored by NCUC.  Nobody will be confused.

> . I just remember giving people alcohol in Beijing, lots of noise and poor Robin trying to scream our name. We can do better.

That was a different event managed differently by different people.  We are partnering here with a NCUC member that has big staff and does this stuff professionally all the time.