[NCUC-EC] Request For Durban Accommodation

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Thu Jun 6 16:51:54 CEST 2013

On Thu, Jun 06, 2013 at 05:21:20PM +0300, Wilson Abigaba (wilson at isoc.ug) wrote:

> I contacted ICANN and the travel agency in Durban and they informed me
> that the lowest rates we can get are the ones on the website,
> http://durban47.icann.org/venue. Since the conference venue is already
> sold out, I have chosen the cheapest hotel, Garden Court South Beach,
> at R1080 per night.

You can get it much cheaper from some online hotel agency.
E.g., yeego.com gives me €53.50 (US$70, ZAR 700) per night
for a total of €321 = US$423, for the very same hotel.

> Accommodation for 7 days (12th - 18th July) - $110 X 7 = $770
> Per Diem for 7 days - $50 X 7 = $350
> Total: $1120
>
> I therefore request for $1120 to cover my stay in Durban during the ICANN week.

Do we have a policy of paying per diem?
(Not that I'm objecting, I'd just like to know, and document
it for future reference - things like this should be documented
better than ncuc has been doing in the past.)

--
Tapani Tarvainen