[NCUC-EC] Interim Asian Representative

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Tue Jul 30 14:34:38 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 09:22:21AM +0200, William Drake (wjdrake at gmail.com) wrote:

> Patrick has written to say
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> > As thrilled as I would be to represent this huge region, I feel that it is my
> > first priority to offer the opportunity to Zuan Zhang (Peter Green)  who is
> > a native Asian.
>
> so we have resolution of that issue. Could someone please add Zuan
> Zhang / PeterGreen <seekcommunications at hotmail.com> to the EC
> listserv and the websites

I don't think we can do that without a decision by the EC,
rather than just by you, even if in this case there's no
real doubt on the outcome.

I would suggest convening an email meeting:
Everybody who agrees with the proposal post a statement
to that effect ("+1" will do), I'll write minutes
documenting the decision as an EC meeting -
shouldn't take more than a day (or an hour if everybody
is online).

For the record, I agree with the proposal of selecting
Zuan Zhang aka Peter Green as interim Asian representative
to the EC.

We'll yet have to decide where to archive EC meeting
minutes, but thinking up a suitable place in the website
won't take long. In the meantime just posting them here
will do (I'll post the Durban meeting minutes fortwith).

--
Tapani Tarvainen