[NCUC-EC] nomcom rep for ncuc

Tapani Tarvainen tapani.tarvainen at effi.org
Fri Jul 26 17:57:22 CEST 2013

While I have no problem if you send this to -discuss: 1) The Asian rep issue has already been decided, just send the two candidates request for writeup
2) I would prefer deciding in formal EC meeting - nothing more than documenting mailing list discussion as such (& publishing minutes - I volunteer to write them up).

Tapani

William Drake <william.drake at uzh.ch> kirjoitti:
>Any thoughts on the below?  Shall I proceed to the members list?
>

>On Jul 24, 2013, at 10:34 AM, William Drake <william.drake at uzh.ch>
>wrote:
>
>> Hi from Heathrow
>>
>> Today or tomorrow when I'm dug out and set up in Geneve I was
>planning on sending a note to ncuc-discuss on three positions.  Would
>like to make sure we're broadly on the same page here first.
>>
>> *Asian EC Interim: as agreed at the EC meeting, will ask the two
>candidates to submit a few lines more on what they'd propose to
>accomplish over the half year, what tasks they're willing to take on,
>etc. so we have more basis for a selection.
>>
>> *Nomcom.  Many people replies saying Rafik should stay in the
>position for another year.  One suggested the need for alternative
>candidates with, it was argued, deeper networks to draw on, but no such
>candidate was identified or came forward subsequently.  So I propose we
>just do it and notify ICANN/
>>
>> *NCSG PC.  We have to replace Mary, who was one of two NCUC reps
>there (alongside NPOP reps and Councilors).  A complexity here—if we
>are going to reboot some sort of NCUC PC, I would argue that it's
>members should serve on the NCSG PC for coordination.  So we have to
>select now based on an abstraction re: UC's future.
>>
>> My pref would be to ask Robin to chair the NCUC PC and serve as a rep
>on the NCSG PC.  This would get her shifted from the admin chair stuff
>to more substantive policy, where I think she's eager to engage more.
>There are newer folks I'd like to work in over time, but in this
>instance I think continuity, clue fulness and demonstrated commitment
>should count.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Bill
>>

>> On Jul 24, 2013, at 8:49 AM, Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> I sent the latest nomcom report to ncuc mailing list , hoping to get
>membership feedback and let them aware about what is happening in that
>"secret" place. it was tough meeting this time and I stuck for 4 days
>with nomcom and not able to join other icann meeting session in the
>last days (but able to join constituency days and gnso weekend).
>>>
>>> I am thinking about next steps and how process can be improved there
>acknowledging that we are in minority and also the ongoing politics . I
>learned a lot and discovered new things for sure!I will be happy to
>represent ncuc there again and improving as much as possible the
>situation.
>>>
>>> I am ready to reply to EC inquiries about nomcom and my involvement
>there as matter of accountability .
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Rafik

>William J. Drake
>International Fellow & Lecturer
>  Media Change & Innovation Division, IPMZ
>  University of Zurich, Switzerland
>Chair, Noncommercial Users Constituency,
> [...]

Lähetetty Android-puhelimesta K-9 Mail -ohjelmalla