[NCUC-EC] [Membership-affairs] Fwd: Klaus membership NCUC

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Sat Jul 13 17:03:43 CEST 2013

On Jul 13 15:20, William Drake (william.drake at uzh.ch) wrote:

> Klaus Stoll of NPOC would like to be an individual member of NCUC.
> We have defined a process for taking in new members who've applied
> to NCSG and specified NCUC but we don't have a defined process for
> people who are already inside NCSG and subsequently express an
> interest in NCUC. I would think that it is sufficient for the EC to
> simply review and act on such applications as such cases arise, in
> which case the EC could ok the below in tomorrow's meeting.

Yes. Actually our bylaws seem to leave this up to the chair,
together with the secretary-treasurer:

"The Chair shall also:

2. Decide whether to accept the Secretary-Treasurer’s recommendations
as to whether applicants meet the membership criteria, or pass them to
the full EC for challenge or review"

So if you want to pass the decision to the EC it is fine,
although having Milton's recommendation would be nice...

--
Tapani Tarvainen