[NCUC-EC] EC Meeting In Durban et al

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Tue Jul 2 15:05:39 CEST 2013

Hi

On Jul 2, 2013, at 1:53 PM, "Milton Mueller"<mueller.syr.edu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Adobe connect should be fine. Durban is 6 hours ahead of US Eastern time?

Yes.

On Jul 2, 2013, at 1:54 PM, Tapani Tarvainen <ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info> wrote:

> On Jul 02 14:40, Tapani Tarvainen (ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info) wrote:
>
>> On Jul 02 12:57, William Drake (william.drake at uzh.ch) wrote:
>
>>> a.     New website update
>>>
>>> Would it be possible on CD to display both the new live version
>>> (with just extant content transferred) AND a version showing the
>>> pages we've discussed adding, so we can encourage people to
>>> collaborate on the missing texts?
>>
>> Hmm. This needs a bit of thought. I'll try a few things to
>> see how hard it would be.
>
> One trivial solution: show the "under construction" pages
> only to people logged in on the site.

Ok, and/or for those not logged in you could just display the list of pages that need content.  Point is just to try to get some folks engaged in bringing the thing to fruition.

On Jul 2, 2013, at 1:40 PM, Tapani Tarvainen <ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info> wrote:

> * New Asia representative selection process (either selecting on the
>  meeting or deciding to delegate it to the chair or whatever)

When Norbert resigned I asked Rafik if he'd be willing to help do some work and accept an interim appointment until the election if everyone agreed and he said ok.  However, when the question turned into a 40 message debate with repeated allegations that an appointment could somehow constitute a "power grab" by the chair he understandably changed his mind.  I asked on the list for suggestions and self nominations and nobody else seems to be enticed.  So there won't be an Asian rep on the EC, unless you can find one.

> * Future meetings (how many, when, whether we could do email meetings, &c)

Of course.

BD