[Ec-ncuc] Video update

Brenden Kuerbis bkuerbis
Tue Jan 29 18:58:07 CET 2013

Dear EC,

Touching base on the NCUC promo video.   One idea that we've been playing
with (and is incorporated into Version 9 in second mail below) is to
integrate an info-graphic/voice over about NCUC's diversity.  Eric also
offers some additional post-production options to make a more compelling
message for your consideration.   For now, and as previously discussed,
we're keeping it simple and assuming Option 1.   Please let me know your
thoughts.

Thanks,

Brenden

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eric Pedicelli <eric at chopshopmedia.ca>
Date: Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Subject: NCUC video ROUGH JAN 24
To: Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu>, Brenden N Kuerbis <bnkuerbi at syr.edu>

 Milton and Brenden,

 Here's a tighter rough cut with some music. The aim here is to lock in the
content and get a sense of the mood and flow. Let me know what you think.
In my opinion, it should run about 2:45, so please suggest edits if you see
them.

 https://vimeo.com/58123636
password : ncyousee

 Next to consider : what will the video look like ?

 It's taken considerable effort to get to this point and we still have a
ways to go : additional editing, color grading, audio mixing, music
licensing ...  As per my conversation with Brenden, I've outlined a few
options for the visual style with prices before tax.

 OPTION 1 : $2,000 - Clean coherent communication with the right music to
set the tone. https://vimeo.com/41105632

 OPTION 2 : $4,000 - I research royalty free (or low cost) images/video and
edit it in a compelling fashion. Like an engaging documentary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbS1rVVO6aM (not my work)
https://vimeo.com/42994449

 OPITON 3 : $5,500+ - We brainstorm ideas for some very cool motion
graphics. We can also explore some interesting ways to animate the NCUC
logo and make it more memorable. Here's an example of some motion graphics
work I did for the Cyber Dialogue conference : https://vimeo.com/50192165.
 You can also watch the logo animation on the splash page of my website :
www.chopshopmedia.ca

 The simple and clean approach of option 1 will serve as a great
introduction to the NCUC. However, with a more engaging visual style, the
video is more likely to reach a wider audience. A quick succession of
images can bring multiple layers of meaning to a phrase, which makes a
viewer more likely to see their interests/concerns reflected in the video.
Viewers will be more likely to watch till the end, respond emotionally,
connect with the NCUC and share the video.

 Let me know how you would like to proceed. Regardless of which option you
choose, I'm looking forward to putting my heart into the video and making
it the best it can be.

 Thanks,
Eric
 --