[Ec-ncuc] EC Members: which Teams do you want to join, please?

Edward Morris edward.morris
Wed Jan 9 18:55:31 CET 2013

> Geez Ed, you're all over the outreach stuff, and seem to have a lot of
> lines on folks I wouldn't have known to contact.  Since this seems to be a
> passion of yours, can we count on you to lead the outreach team?
>  You'd also expressed interest in inreach/member engagement, and the web
> stuff, but in these cases you could be member rather than
> facilitator?unless you're prepared to take two on...

Please add me to the Charter Committee as well. Looking at the past
attempts we need someone with a legal background. I qualify.

I am passionate about outreach. In looking at the Beijing travel
possibilities (within ICANN guidelines) I'm already planning on stopping
over in Almaty and Kiev to try to entice new members. I have ties in both
places.

I should make it known from the outset I intend to pay special attention to
the Russian Federation. We are part of a supporting organisation and IMHO
one of the best ways we can support ICANN is diversifying our membership.
The best way to answer the Russian charge that ICANN is an American front
is to bring Russian NGO's into our community. I may not be able to force
the BC to admit Yandex and VK  but I can try to make sure we extend the
hands of friendship to Russian NGO's. I've already recruited one new member
from Russia - Olgas Korotkova of ELSA Russia - and she has pledged to help
us get more.

> Bottom line folks: I want to send an overdue message today or tomorrow to
> the general membership saying we're forming teams to get stuff done and
> who'd like to help with what.  Under normal circumstances, I tend to think
> an EC member should be the coordinator/leader in each, so as ensure greater
> synch/info flow with the EC generally etc.  Plus we're elected so should be
> responsible for stuff.  But of course, if someone not on the current EC is
> uber qualified to do it, then fine.
>
> Here's where I believe we are based on what people have expressed interest
> in.

I have three newbie recruits that have expressed interest to me (posted
earlier on this list)  in helping out on the following committees:

Charter: Olga Korotkova

E-team:  Sarah Clayton

Finance: Anthony Nweke

They were recently admitted to NCSG. They want to be part of NCUC. Young,
enthusiastic, energetic and qualified. I hope we can use their talents. Do
we need to officially make them members first and, if so, how do we do that
 so they can contribute their talents and expertise?