[Ec-ncuc] Action Needed

Edward Morris edward.morris
Tue Jan 8 22:19:16 CET 2013

> You bet.  I started playing with a redraft of the charter last year but
> realized it was too much for one person and there has to be a group
> dialogue first on a bunch of points.  So among the groups we'll need to
> form this year is one to rework the charter.

I'd like to be part of that effort.

I also communicated this evening with on of our new NCSG members Olga
Kortokova of Kaliningrad. Olga tells me she wrote the statutes and
incorporation documents of her NGO, ELSA Russia. In her words "I would love
to help by working to write our governing documents".

That sounds like a volunteer!

> https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Bylaws+of+the+Noncommercial+Users+Constituency
>

> as opposed to this?
>
> http://ncuc.org/page/charter-1
>
> It's all a total mess.
>

> Agreed.

We will get this sorted. In the interim, any suggestions about how we bring
in new members?

Once I'm given access to the data I'd like to send a message to all the new
NCSG members inviting them to join us.

As an interim solution, I'm fine with having the Chair accepting as new
members any NCSG member indicating a desire to join. Objections?

> I suggested some time ago we should have a working group or team or
> whatever on finance that would be led by an EC member.

At the risk of becoming very unpopular with my colleague, I'd suggest
Tapani for this role. He's indicated an interest in the subject and I think
would do a great job.

We also have a new member, Anthony Nweke, a Nigerian with an MBA from
Aberdeen,  who just responded to my inquiry of interest with the message
"Great. That would be ample opportunity to learn. I'd love to work with
them and share my knowledge of finance". That sounds like another volunteer.

It should be self evident why I want to get these new folks admitted and
involved as soon as we can. You can't buy the enthusiasm, willingness to
work and enthusiasm these people bring us.

Ed