[Ec-ncuc] Publicizing NCUC policy work

Brenden Kuerbis bkuerbis at internetgovernance.org
Thu Feb 21 17:04:03 CET 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 4:07 AM, William Drake <william.drake at uzh.ch> wrote:
<snip>

> I'm guessing any web revamp will take quite some time, so we ought to
> focus on refreshing the info on the existing one.  That'd be a good
> achievement to present in Beijing if possible.  Replace the interest groups
> with teams, update the member list, etc.

I cannot speak for the entire e-Team, but why spend _any_ energy improving
a site that  should be decommissioned ASAP?  If the EC will simply approve
the VPS expenditure, I believe we could have the following implemented very
quickly:

Content management platform [My suggestion: install an instance of Word
Press, point ncuc.org to it, and use this as the public facing website for
NCUC.]

Constituent relationship management platform [My suggestion: install
CiviCRM <http://civicrm.org/go/features> and dump the member list (after
cleaning) into it, making it the "official" membership registry going
forward]

Email listserv platform [I believe we've already agreed to install Mailman]

We integrate these three components as we proceed, but I believe getting
them up an running is a relatively small amount of work.

- B