[Ec-ncuc] Mailing list action items

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc
Fri Feb 15 06:15:36 CET 2013

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 09:50:07PM +0100, William Drake (william.drake at uzh.ch) wrote:

> If anyone thinks our decisions will lack democratic legitimacy
> absent a public consultation with the full membership, we can do
> that.

Indeed. In this specific case, one if not the main purpose of
the new list is to make that easy!

And the naming decision is not irreversible: changing the name of
the list is not all that hard.

So let's just create the list, as -discuss or -members or -poop
or whatever (hmm... "ncuc-whatever" actually sounds pretty good),
and those who dislike the name can start a discussion there and
let members debate if they want to change it.

(I will protest though if people want to change it daily...
but if pressed, I will code an interface that allows the
chair to enter "list name of the day" and change it with
one click.)

--
Tapani Tarvainen